Re: G M is still number one in 2006

The dealer has no obligation to sell to a manufactures employees, and many small dealers do not. Manufactures employee pricing grosses the dealer only

7% of the invoice price, and that includes the holdback.

mike hunt

>> offer fleet incentives to fleet purchasers of 5 or more vehicles. > > I am sure a lot of dealers are willing to provide quantity discounts, as > well. > > Automakers can dictate discounted prices for their employees at > dealerships. Most or all dealers agree to the discounted prices. I assume > that the dealers still make a fair profit on such sales, perhaps because > of rebates to dealers from the automakers. > > > > Jeff >
Reply to
Mike Hunter

On a $20,000 vehicle, that's $1400. It is easy to see why a dealer wouldn't want the extra money.

Please inline post. It makes your threads and logic even harder to follow.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I am not aware of the procedure for employee sales at Ford or GM. Toyota provides an additional vehicle outside the dealer's regular allocation for employee and courtesy deliveries

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
razz

I noticed that you are also a top-poster. Maybe that influenced your juvenile response.

Reply to
Lee Florack

As do GM and Ford but if the dealership only GROSSED 7% of invoice per vehicle, he would go out of business

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I agree - no argument from me on that one!

Reply to
Ray O

Ah, a top poster too moronic to even leave a space between his post and the one that follows. Obviously, the twit is not worth ever reading again. Plonk!

Reply to
dizzy

Reply to
razz

It's common courtesy to not top-post... but then maybe courtesy is not always common.

Reply to
Lee Florack