Re: G6 Convertable

I was disappointed in the HP rating of only about 220 or so for a 3.9. I thought that was unexceptable while Hyundai has a mickey mouse soccer mom SUV with a small 3.3 putting out over 243 hp and putting out more torque than the 3.9 also. It just seems so lame to be beat in HP by a smaller engine put out by Hyundai. Its a Pontiac Damnit....they used to stand for Performance.

3.9L not available in the 2007 G6 and it made 240hp. 3.3L??? AFAIK doesnt exist in Honda's line up. 3.5L is a SUV motor not found in Hondas cars.
You're comparing 24 valve engines to 12 valve engines. If you want a hot performer look at the Supercharged Grand Prix. If you want a good daily driver the G6 is thousands less than the Honda Accord.

mom
for
The G6 3.9 puts out 240 hp in the coupe but only about 227hp in the convertible.

You shouldn't have to always rely on superchargers to make a hot engine. Just learn to first make a fast engine and let the supercharger be icing on the cakeif you want that extra option and weight.