Re: General Motors Death not likely

You might get away with a statement like that in a Toyota NG, but you can't here. The facts show otherwise. GM and Ford sell more vehicles than any
import, which shows there are far more buyers who disagree with you than agree.
According to many recent owner surveys not only are many of the domestic models as good as the import models, several have out scored imports. The Ford Fusion and its Mercury and Lincoln cousins have out scored comparable Toyota and Honda vehicles in several surveys of actual owners. CR even point out the V6 Fusion cost much less than a 4 cy Camry. Buick score high as well
GM has more models that get 30 MPG or more than does Toyota.. GM and Ford sell far more truck and SUVs than the import brands. Domestic full size trucks get as good or better fuel mileage than the Tundra or Titan and they are lager more powerful trucks. That is why import brand full-size trucks such poor sellers in comparison
mike

Mike,
Why don't you share your valuable automotive wisdom and insight with the whole world and write an editorial for http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com /. They are always looking for submissions and editorials. Think about the good you could do, educating us about the wisdom of buying American, above all else. Please consider sharing your years of experience.
You would be doing us all a great service.
Len

I get paid to teach classes, give speeches and write articles about the various facets of the Automobile industry in which I have worked, what makes you believe I should I do that for free?
That is the problem with the NGs today. They are no longer a places where we engineers and technicians exchanged information, ideas and expertise. They have sunk to places filled with people looking for a cheap or free fix on there old worn-out vehicles or where some go to denigrate brands, other than the one they own, as did the original poster.
mike

Len McAdams wrote:

You are talking about buying GM above all else - not American