Re: Getting cement off fender

What is safe and easily available to loosen dried spots of cement? >

Depends on the type of cement.

Reply to
Hairy

Good point... If it is normal Portland cement, I would probably try rubbing it with a piece of lemon first. It might dissolve enough of the carbonate mineral matrix of the cement to help get it off. The sand which is there is of course very abrasive, so I would start with as mild a solution as possible and work up.

Reply to
HLS

don't know if this will help with dried cement but I do know concrete will not set if you put sugar in the mix.

Reply to
Tim