Re: GM Dealer Challenges the Toyota Tundra's Ads... AS BULL

From what I read there are likely TWO in your state. ;)
mike
(remove 999 for proper email address)

That's fine. I just think they deliberatly constructed the commercial to make it seem as if the Tundra had exceptional brakes. Instead of running a 0-60-0 comparison, they could have run a straigth 0-60 and/or 60-0 comparison. But if they had done that, only the 0-60 would have been exceptional. By doing the commercial as shown, they were trying to make people think the brakes were really good - when they aren't anything special.

I test drove both an AWD and a FWD Fusion and honestly couldn't tell much difference. But I didn't run one through a slalom course. I got the AWD one anyhow. You can't get an AWD Camry or Accord. I don't know how the 4 cylinder FWD Fusion would have compared to the Accord or Camry. According to the Consumer Reports road tests, a 4 cylinder Fusion (well actually the Mercury version) accelerated as fast a 4 cylinder Camry, and the FWD version handled the same as the AWD version.
The Ford V-6 is plenty strong and the interior is very nice. A FWD Camry equipped like my AWD Fusion would have been at least $3000 more, plus I would have had to deal with the lousy Toyota dealers in my area.
Ed