Re: GM Dealer Challenges the Toyota Tundra's Ads... AS BULL

I'd be very surprised if Toyota's "fastest" truck would

> out-accelerate the V-10 engines that Ford and Dodge produce.

Ford doesn't offer the V-10 in a F150. But the V-10 is really a truck engine, so I doubt it would be as fast as the Tundra 5.7L V-8. I don't know much about the Dodge V-10, but again unless you are talking about the Viper V-10, the Dodge V-10 is a truck engine. No one building serious work trucks would tune their engine to for drag racing. Ford, Chevrolet, and Dodge have all built silly trucks set up to go fast in a straight line (like the Ford Lightning), but only Toyota seems to think anyone takes drag trucks seriously as work trucks. A 2004 Ford Lightning would do 0-60 in 5.2 sec (or less) and stop from 60 in 162 feet. Of course it was not a real work truck, but it sure would look good in that silly Tundra 0-60-0 ad.....

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White