Re: GM dealer trying to sell alarm system

It sounds to me like he was trying to sell you the Triad security system which dealers install to protect their lot.

It is a wand type device that you must put near the antenna (usually near the light) that will allow the vehicle to start.

Sound familiar?

I just purchased a new Chevy Avalanche and the finance guy tried to > sell me an alarm. He said the retail price was 599 but he would let me > have it for 399. I refused and he came down to 268. The dealer already > installed it on the vehicle. There was a Red LED below the steering > wheel. When I refused it they took it out. I am sure he was probably > trying to sell me something I could probably get very inexpensively > online. > > The Avalanche comes with an alarm that is activated when a door is > open. I think this was probably just adding a shock and glass break > sensor to the built in alarm. > > Does anyone know what he was trying to sell me and if it can be > purchased for a fraction of the cost? > > Thanks,
Reply to
CraigM