Re: GM Dealers

I am on to gripe. I had my Malibu in at a GM Dealer for a front wheel

.
> So I go to change the pads out myself only to find that the thickness > of my pads have grown within the past 2 weeks to over 6mm (1/4"). >

IF the pads are riveted on you may only have 3mm of wear left until hit the rivets. Overall you may have 6mm of pad but only 3mm of wear left.

Reply to
Bossman

Could be. I haven't seen a rivited pad in a while, though. Are they very common??

Reply to
<HLS

Yes. But I was also wondering if what the OP was experiencing was possibly that the dealer mechanic noted an inboard pad and the second mechanic noted an outboard pad. On floating calipers one pad will very often be significantly more worn than the other. Even to the point of a 2X discrepancy. Obviously, the decision to change would be based on the worst of the two.

Reply to
Mike Marlow