Re: GM Dealers

hit the rivets. Overall you may have 6mm of pad but only 3mm of wear left.

Could be. I haven't seen a rivited pad in a while, though. Are they very common??

Yes. But I was also wondering if what the OP was experiencing was possibly that the dealer mechanic noted an inboard pad and the second mechanic noted an outboard pad. On floating calipers one pad will very often be significantly more worn than the other. Even to the point of a 2X discrepancy. Obviously, the decision to change would be based on the worst of the two.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net