Re: GM just doesn't get it....

Maybe because its far less expensive to make incremental changes vs revolutionary changes. That is, evolution vs revolution. It the age old business problem. Problem is if your competition is making revolutionary
changes and is gaining market share, a new strategy should be pursued.
Just a thought.

with

Simple.. Too many bean counting MBAs and too few Zora Arcus-Duntovs.
You can't say that about all GM cars. Buick was rated as one of the best cars to have when it comes to quality, and least amount of problems.
Tim

with
This is probably troll bait spewed by this guy but...
Have you seen Cadillac lately? CTS,XLR,Escalade,SRX, a new Seville in 2005 and a new Deville in 2006.
GM is winning the quality and contest, just check the latest ratings.
eden peraldo wrote:

What gave you your first clue?
Dave

with
Hmmmmmm. "Troll bait" Wouldn't that catch a troll?? Maybe "troll's bait".
-- GW - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey
Dave Brower wrote: What gave you your first clue?
Dave

Thank you GM for giving us the best designed engineered cars for the money in the world........

snipped-for-privacy@mail.com (R. Anton Rave) startled small woodland creatures when they said:

So I guess you prefer JApanese cars? C'mon, Honda Acura exact same cars diferent stickers. Toyota Lexus only difference is trim, and Nissan Infiniti? please.
german cars... BMW still builds the same cars they did 30 years ago, with minor refinements. Mercedes about the same. VW finally introduced and SUV and they have a Pickup in development.
GM does like to shoot themselves in the foot design-wise, becaus ethey design their cars by commitee too much, they need a guy that has vision and a good artistic eye to head the design process independantly for each division. Caddy broke away and they are doing some cool stuff, but a touch pricey.
Mopar seems to have design down too bad Quality sucks.
and Ford is having too much fun buying car companies, it will be interesting to see what henry ford III does for the company
"education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance" --Will Durant "people who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to " Jerry Seinfeld "if we don't have a sense of humor, we can't have a sense of perspective --Wayne Thiboux
You're better off going with C.U.'s auto repair ratings. Who needs a car that fails or unscrews itself?

Durant
perspective --Wayne Thiboux

Yeah well I grew up in a GMC family, so that has part to do with my preference to them, but I've also driven in alot of other cars, like last week I was in a Mercedes CK350 I think it was, and the interior wasn't that nice, sure it had alot of special electric gizmos, like headrest adjustment and electric steering wheel adjustment, but how often do you really change stuff like that? Also drove a BMW M3, its a nice car, but isnt worth the 52K price sticker, I'd rather have a Z06 corvette. The interior was hardly any larger then it was in my sunfire. I'm not big into fords because I dont like how the interiors are designed, and Dodges are pretty much the same way. Ford has some pretty cool looking cars, like the Cougar, but the interior is just poorly designed.
creatures when they said:

Dude, the new Cougar isn't Ford... and it's not Mazda either...
, but the interior is

"education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance" --Will Durant "people who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to " Jerry Seinfeld "if we don't have a sense of humor, we can't have a sense of perspective --Wayne Thiboux

old
revolutionary
pursued.
You just don't get revolutionary product changes in anything as old and creaky as the car industry, unless it's mandated (i.e., government safety and pollution regulations) or invented by outsiders (electronics for ABS, fuel injection, pollution controls). But any car maker that continues to build the same basic chassis for 10 years is going to be hobbled with long assembly hours and quality problems, and there's only so much you can do to tweak a design and fool the public. But GM doesn't seem to realize this and is so disorganized anyway that they can't develop new designs as quickly and with as few defects as Honda or Toyota, despite being the company that developed something as different as the Corvair in just 18 months back in the late 1950s.