Re: GM's solution to slipping market share.

They have much simpler solutions to the sales problem than adding a GM badge and glue. They must make their marketing types use correspondence schools! Is this for real? As one posted to this thread...Honda and Toyota must be scared shitless over this brilliant idea!
When the badges fall off for no reason, that will be a good indicator.

North
badge
schools!
If they put the glue/mastic on right, the "ghost" of GM will still show even after the badge falls off, I'd bet! :-)
Boy, I hear the stock took a big hit today. I haven't looked it up myself to see if it's true.

In a nutshell, it does not look good:
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7B36DF2889-C2F8-4901-B428 - F2C13E3D7A33%7D&siteid=mktw
<n> wrote in message

Some of this is old news. But the new stuff is troubling.
James C. Reeves wrote:

Wow. 50% stock price drop in one year with no end in sight and not attributable to external market forces.
This company is going to implode at this rate, like Chrysler did. Probably get its sorry butt bailed out, too, on the taxpayer's dollar. Serve it right if it got bought out by another company that can run it better, though.
GM is too big for a bailout. They would probably go the direction of Montgomery Wards or K-Mart and downsize. Wards downsized completely. GM will pull out eventually, at a lower level.

There was an articlea on Business Week a few weeks ago about this same subject. They pointed out that GM would be a perfectly viable car company about half(?) of their current size.
--
Ignasi.
(using SPAM trap e-mail address)