Re: GM Shot themselves in the foot

unexceptable.

Be glad that your gaskets lasted 100K. The 95 Buick Century (3100 M) I have only lasted 40K and died again at 85K. All repairs were done at a GM dealer. No, this car wasn't abused, it had coolant flushes every 20K or two years. I know the 'updated' gaskets haven't been around for very long but does anyone have any experience with them and do they fix the problem? Also, do these motors have problems with crankshaft oil seals? Mine have leaked some since 50K even though it has the oil changed every 3K or 3 months. This car came from the factory (I bought the car new) with green coolant so they can't blame the "pink stuff" for these problems.