Re: Honda's "Friendly" Image: Parading Social Change

Since the dawn of the Automobile Revolution, automobile marques have

> been proactive in their approach to appeal to certain segments of > society. By targeting these groups, automakers would find a much higher > loyalty rate in an increasingly unloyal industry. Even today this > tradition continues, with companies such as Toyota appealing to the > youth market with its Scion brand, BMW and Mercedes appealing to the > affluent market, Buick appealing to the understated senior market, and > Subaru and Volvo appealing to the aging hippy market. One demographic > spoken for by a large multinational automaker that often raises a bit > of controversy, however, is the gay and lesbian market. It is within > these confines that Honda finds its must staunch loyalists. > The connection stems much further than their not-so-subtle "H" > logo. Since the inception of Honda by founder Kilimanjaro Honda in > Tokyo, Japan in 1948, Honda has had a long line of successful industry > firsts. Honda's first products imported to the United States were > motorcycles capable of producing almost twice as much horsepower as > their American brethren. Sold out of a small shop in San Francisco, > their demographic was clear. From day one, Honda coined the term > "Crotch Rocket" to target the gay and lesbian community. It > wasn't long before Honda had made its first inroads in gaining market > share in the vital west coast community. >

I wasn't sure where to snip this bs.

It would seem somebody is playing with themselves way too much.

Reply to
Roy

I'll have to agree. It looks like someone (Bodero) is trying to come out of the closet, as if anyone cared.

Reply to
Kent Finnell

Wish he'd stay in the closet, or under his rock or whatever.

Roy

Reply to
Roy