Re: I KNOW WHAT'S WRONG . .

> They are not a telecommunications company; they are not a navigation > company. > > A car company! > > And they don't even ask what a customer thinks about the cars they > make! > > They have completely lost the plot if you ask me! >

They probably make more money on On Star than on cars. I dropped mine right after the "free" period that used to be one year. I'd rather have a cheaper car than pay for electronics I'll never use.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Everyone I talk to says the same, so how do you figure they make money on it?

I think it's just a dumb idea that they won't drop because then they'd have to admit it was a dumb idea.

I offered to pay cash or cheque or let them invoice me for an additional $20 for more free time, but the whole point of the extra freebie is for them to get their fraudulent mitts on a credit card number, then, like any other communications company, there's no stopping them.

I don't kow anyone who's stupid enough to give them their number.

Reply to
Happy Trails

Have you tried to buy a top line Camry WITHOUT the over priced navigation system?

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No.

What's your point?

Are you trying to say what's wrong with Toyota?

Reply to
Happy Trails

DUH! OnStar is a FREE add-on, whether one wants to use it or not. One must pay $2,500 for the navigation system, for the privilege of BUYING a top line Camry V6, whether one wants to use it or not.

Reply to
Mike Hunter