Re: I KNOW WHAT'S WRONG . .

They probably make more money on On Star than on cars. I dropped mine right after the "free" period that used to be one year. I'd rather have a cheaper car than pay for electronics I'll never use.

Everyone I talk to says the same, so how do you figure they make money on it?
I think it's just a dumb idea that they won't drop because then they'd have to admit it was a dumb idea.
I offered to pay cash or cheque or let them invoice me for an additional $20 for more free time, but the whole point of the extra freebie is for them to get their fraudulent mitts on a credit card number, then, like any other communications company, there's no stopping them.
I don't kow anyone who's stupid enough to give them their number.
Have you tried to buy a top line Camry WITHOUT the over priced navigation system?
wrote in message

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:54:05 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

No.
What's your point?
Are you trying to say what's wrong with Toyota?
DUH! OnStar is a FREE add-on, whether one wants to use it or not. One must pay $2,500 for the navigation system, for the privilege of BUYING a top line Camry V6, whether one wants to use it or not.