Re: IAT sensor?

Could cause drivability problems due to the incorrect fuel mixture entering the engine, at least before the engine goes into closed loop, because of the wrong intake air temperature reading. After it goes into closed loop, it should be able to compensate better using the oxygen sensor.

If the sensor is reading too cold, it could also cause the engine to take too long to enter closed loop, resulting in bad gas mileage.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Lowered gas mileage and a check engine light. If the light is intermittant the connection might be loose or dirty. GW

Lee carrier wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

It's somewhat intermittent... Meaning it's not on when I first start the car..and seems find at driving speeds.. but as soon as I let the car idle a few seconds the light comes on and stays on until I turn off the car.

Reply to
Lee carrier

Reply to
Bobo