Re: Interesting Article on Prius unintended acceleration

wrote:

I hope that turbocharging has improved. I remember Detroits attempt at turbocharging in the 80's; In addition to the oil change every 1000 miles, the maintenance schedule had it in the shop more than on the road. If I remember correctly, there was a shorter warranty mileage/period too.

I've never owned a GM turbocharged vehicle, but my Grandmother used to love her turbocharged Chrysler LaBaron. If you really want to go fast in a GM, get a supercharged engine. The 3800 Series II will snap you back in your seat like you wouldn't believe. And for a few bucks in modifications, you can easily push 300 horses.