Re: Is Big Brother Watching?

When you register, I think the web site provides a question that asks you what your normal annual mileage is. At least that is what I remembered when
I registered. The site is probably calculating your current mileage from that. I'll post this to the GM NG...someone there may know more about this. Although you do raise a interesting question.

As you suggested, I did supply my normal driving habits when I signed up.
To only miss by 100 miles out of 32300 is only 0.3%. That's pretty darn good. Now if GM could only manage their company that well they'd have something!!

Probably a fluke that they got that close. I don't think mine came out that close. It could also be that your mileage use rate was updated in the system by the dealer each time you had the car in for service and warranty work.

I'll say!

You're going to get the two of us in trouble with the GM lemmings in the GM group saying stuff like that! ;-)