Re: Is it Intake Manifold Gasket problem?

Check this link out:

I posted before, but now I found some info re intake manifold gasket > problem especially in venture and montana's. Could this be the > saurce of my problems? > There is a law suite in the work. > > I asked the mechanic again what exactly did the scanner read. He > said the > left bank reading was lean on my venture van 2000. He also > mentioned that > cylinder 6 is miss firing (I assume that the left bank is cylinder > 2,4, and > 6). I replaced the 6th cylinder spark plug which was really worn > (I > should replace 2nd cylinder spark plug it was also worn, 4th was ok). > And at first it seamed that starting the van was a lot easier. But > next > day engine light was back on and it takes about 5 tries before the > ignition > starts. Durring a hot day starts fine, but the engin still sounds > like it > is miss firing. On occasion there is a strong spell of gasoline > towards the > back of the van, but most of the time I don't smell any thing. > > Question can ignition problems have anything to with this lean > reading. > Can it be related to the miss firing problem? If so, If so > difficulty > starting especially in the mornings, does that give you a clue if it > could > have something to do with a bad sensor as opposed to miss firing > problem? > I would like to address the mostly likely problem first or the easiest > solution first. Also, if you think it is the sensor's fault, > which one > would I have to replace? > > btw: I year ago I had sugar in the gas tank, so I had the tank > replaced. > And added some fuel injection cleaner in the gasoline. Then had no > engine > light go on for 4 months. Then engine light disappeared again. > And now > that it is warm again, engine light is on again.
Reply to
Mike®