Re: Is it Intake Manifold Gasket problem? No coolant in oil

lab wrote:

how as it a month after last year??? how often do you check it??? you should check it each time you gas up and add what it needed.... you dont have a leak.. the stuff is just evaporating... and if it was last year, you should flush it out and put some good old Prestone in it and dont worry about it....
CONTINUATION: I asked the mechanic again what exactly did the scanner read. He said the left bank reading was lean. He also mentioned that cylinder 6 is miss firing (I assume that the left bank is cylinder 2,4, and 6). I replaced the 6th cylinder spark plug. And at first it seamed that starting the van was a lot easier. But next day engine light was back on and it takes about 5 tries before the ignition starts. Question can ignition problems have anything to with this lean reading. Can it be related to the miss firing problem? If so, If so difficulty starting especially in the mornings, does that give you a clue if it could have something to do with a bad sensor as opposed to miss firing problem? I would like to address the mostly likely problem first or the easiest solution first.
btw: I year ago I had sugar in the gas tank, so I had the tank replaced. And added some fuel injection cleaner in the gasoline. I have had no engine light

Turns out they found a coolant leak in the intake manifold gasket. it must have just started because I did not see any signs of coolant in the oil.

Your leak was probably leaking on the side of the engine and burning off before it dripped on the ground - quite a common occurance.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~259,100 miles_~_~~_
That's what happened to my 1999 Montana for over 18 months before the first drop of coolant touched the ground. I had a very strong hunch that was the problem in lab's case too.

I agree with Harry. My leak was small and would burn off. After a couple weeks my tank would be empty.