Re: Is this Toyota quality??

Page 1 of 3
How often have we heard from the Toyota loyalist, who love to cross post in domestic brand NGs, tell us Toyota cares more for it buyers than do the
domestics?
According to news reports, it will take Toyota several MONTHS to get all of the replacement linkages from it supplier, for the millions of vehicles involved in the recall, into the cars on the road being driven by its customers, who will need them.
Guess where Toyota is going to actually use the parts that their customer NEED? They will be used first for unsold new cars on the dealerships lots, then on the Toyotas in their assembly plants storage lots.
As you drive down the road, keep an eye open for drunks, those texting and runway Toyotas. ;)

Funny, Toyota is helping out GM Vibe customers. LMAO.
http://www.showbizgossips.com/pontiac-vibe-recalls-toyota-recall-list-of-affected-model-includes-pontiac-vibes/4806
On 30/01/2010 10:48 AM, Mike Hunter wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:23:49 -0700, Canuck57 wrote:

http://www.showbizgossips.com/pontiac-vibe-recalls-toyota-recall-list-of-affected-model-includes-pontiac-vibes/4806 They're made on the same ass'y line in Cambridge, ONT.

On 30/01/2010 4:04 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Joint venture betwen Toyota and GM from what I understand. Defective part made in CAW plant in Canada, for a US corporation.
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Or American Design. Toyota designs cars in the US, too.
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 14:30:35 -0500, dr_jeff wrote:

And the Japanese versions aren't having any trouble.
On 31/01/2010 1:26 PM, Hachiroku ハチロク wrote:

They didn't buy US CAW made.
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

A North American supplier was needed - the spec was released and the part now being recalled was built - not identical to the Denso part, apparently.
On 31/01/2010 12:28 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Sorry, American made by an American corporation assembed in a CAW union plant in Ontario. Put in the vehicle by American UAW in California.
Japanese wouldn't import the crap I suspect.
Canuck57 wrote:

There was the Toyota Voltz, which was a Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix that was rebadged for sale in Japan. It sold poorly, around 10,000.
Jeff

Toyota built the Vibe, they should fix them.
On 30/01/2010 3:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Was a joint venture, but Toyota is moving on their customers best interests. GM bailed out of the venture leading into bankruptcy, so they lurched their customers.
Maybe Obama should give GM to Toyota for $1 to get them out of the taxpayers wallet.
Canuck57 wrote:

Actually, that sounds like a good idea.
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 23:30:15 +0000, Michael Golden wrote:

But then, he'd want to get every dime that was invested i GM back, and would probably place a fee on all car dealers to get it back.
On 31/01/2010 9:48 AM, Hachiroku ハチロク wrote:

Nope, just GM and Chrysler ones. Squeeze the bastards so tight until it is paid off or they quit.
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:28:05 -0700, Canuck57 wrote:

Haven't been paying attention, have we? ;)
He wants to get "every dime back from the money we loaned the banks", so he is levying fees...on ALL banks! (or he wants to, anyway). Guess who will be paying those fees? (HINT: It ain't the banks!)
I think he has a calendar on his desk, like the saying of the day or the cartoon of the day, but his is the "New Tax of the Day".