Re: Is this Toyota quality??

Page 2 of 3
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 19:41:22 -0700, Canuck57 wrote:

Too bad they didn't follow the greatest thing the UK added to Democracy: The General Election.
Tony Blair was getting hounded for siding with GWB**, and was sinking in the polls. He called a General Election and was reinstated by a landslide. I think there was one in Canada not too long ago, and one on Australia recently, too.
Gordon Brown WAS going to call one about 2 months after he was elected, but thought better of it... ;) (Good thing...)
If we had that system here, I think we'd be hailing President McCain as soon as the dust from the chads cleared...
**When GWB was elected, he had a press conference upon his meeting with Tony Blair. I was watching it, and I don't think Blair could get far enough away and still be in the camera view...
9/11, Tony Blair became the best friend America has had n a long, long time, and the next time I saw him and Bush together they were side-by-side like old buddies...
ALMOST as close as Blair got to Clinton. I thought THOSE two were going to KISS each other! ;)
I will certainly never forget Tony as long as I live.

Did you see the movie, "Queen"? Fabulous portrayals of Elizabeth, Phillip, Tony, and Cheri Blair.

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 03:53:30 +0000, Sharx35 wrote:

I'm trying to remember. I know I saw part of it, was that the one where the guy playing Blair really LOOKED like Blair?
The difference being the US does NOT have a Parliamentary system of government like Great Brittan and Canada. Nor is it a Democratic form of government, that many around the world and even in the US as well, seem to believe.
Our system is Representative REPUBLIC, comprised of the 50 in individual SOVEREIGN states.

On 03/02/2010 9:35 AM, Mike Hunter wrote:

On this we agree. Canada elects term dictators. Our senate is beyond useless, just expensive dead weight. I am not sure if in the history of Canada they ever effectively blocked legislation. Squealed a few times, but never effective.

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 19:25:18 -0500, Tom wrote:

Who dumped WHO?!
I think you have that backwards. Before I say what I'm going to say, bear in mind GM has had about 15 times the number of recalls as Toyota.
Toyota ended the relationship with GM. I think it's because GM just didn't care.
NOW LYAO.
On 30/01/2010 1:49 PM, Hachiroku ハチロク wrote:

Looks like GM walked away from pontiac owners....
http://jalopnik.com/5303761/gm-says-goodbye-to-toyota-partnership-ships-nummi-to-old-gm
http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1033610_gm-ends-25-year-nummi-partnership-with-toyota
GM walked away.

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 20:21:56 -0700, Canuck57 wrote:

http://jalopnik.com/5303761/gm-says-goodbye-to-toyota-partnership-ships-nummi-to-old-gm
http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1033610_gm-ends-25-year-nummi-partnership-with-toyota
Yeah, I know that. Toyota was trying to help them build a higher quality car. Gm figured it didn't serve the shareholders to make cars a little better. "We're losing money on every car we sell, but we'll make it up on volume."
On 30/01/2010 9:16 PM, Hachiroku wrote:

GM probably couldn't make enough for management bonuses, super fat pensions, Wagoner's take and the political contributions. Plus Toyota probably made GM pay it's bills or no cars.
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Double nothing is still nothing.
On 31/01/2010 10:25 AM, Mike Hunter wrote:

Where did you get the idea that GM losing money on every car we sell? You do not seem to know much about the cost of doing business. Perhaps you are confusing build costs with the cost to doing business. The fact is GM makes money on every vehicle it sells. The COST has been spending billions to restructure and to revamp and develop the latest in electric vehicle technology. That is why they are currently not showing a profit

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:13:30 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:

Then this is fairly recent, because the last review I saw showed that GM was losing money selling cars, but making it up on financials.
In fact the REASON GM had to be bailed out wsasn't because of losing money selling cars (which they were) but because the Financial arm started losing money as well, led by losses at Ditech.
The "we lose money on every car we sell..." was an old joke. Or was it?
All through the 90's Gm was, in fact losing money on car sales. Only the Financial division was keeping it afloat. Well documented many, many times in the WSJ.
What part of, perhaps you are confusing build costs with the cost to doing business. The fact is GM makes money on every vehicle it sells. The build cost in THOUSANDS of dollars below the net net price the dealer pays to buy the vehicle from GM. On there higher level vehicles, they earn even more because it does not cost that much more to make the higher line vehicles. That is true of every manufacturer as well

He is right. It cost the American tax payers $60,000 USD for each GM sold in the US in 2009.
What about that do you not understand?
And you don't even own a GM because you know they are over priced crap.
And GM isn't making money, oh ya, some of their operations did once you strip out management costs and a hoard of other things like engineering and delivery to the custom and finance losses. When you add it up, GM is still losing money left and right.
Then their is the government finance arm of GM, GMAC, getting another taxpayer-debt infusion for all the bad loans they issue to GM buyers that no one else will touch. Bad and no credit comes to mind. Want a GM and bad credit, no problem. Go to GMAC, we lend to those that will no pay.
This is just Obama-democrate voodoo economics, defraud of the taxpayers. The cost blead is still going on.