Re: Is this Toyota quality??

Apparently the design "spec" was Japanese. Denso makes them in Japan. A North American supplier was needed - the spec was released and the part now being recalled was built - not identical to the Denso part, apparently.

Reply to
clare

Not likely to happen, but I agree with your statement otherwise.

Bernie Madoff, $50 billion into a black hole and goes to jail, Obama drops $2 trillion, of which $100 Billion or so into GMs black hole. Even more for "select" banks because the select rich deal there. Pretty hard to explain to Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and others the FDIC limits.

Ever wonder why one bank gets assistance and another does not? Bet the government would not want people to see the client lists and cash in accounts for a little scruteny.

And Congress is looking at Bernie like a top criminal. While Wagner gets a $20 million pension from Gm-Caryle. Just depends on who you are ripping off.

Go figure. Have to feed the biggest corruption engine in the USA, Washington DC. Times are tough, some will not be paying for the senators and congress people this upcoming election. I wonder who will drop out.

Reply to
Canuck57

I believe that it was its mortgage business that had the biggest problems, not the auto loan business.

Most of GMAC was sold in 2006 to Cerebus Capital Management, the people who bought Chrysler.

Jeff

dr_jeff

What part of, perhaps you are confusing build costs with the cost to doing business. The fact is GM makes money on every vehicle it sells. The build cost in THOUSANDS of dollars below the net net price the dealer pays to buy the vehicle from GM. On there higher level vehicles, they earn even more because it does not cost that much more to make the higher line vehicles. That is true of every manufacturer as well

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I wrote here months ago, that compared to Congress and the current WH occupant, Madoff is a rank amateur.

Reply to
Conscience

You were right.

Americans should see this a selective law enfrorcement and proof positive that the government is not in control by the people, but controls the peoples.

Reply to
Canuck57

They didn't buy US CAW made.

Reply to
Canuck57

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Too bad they didn't follow the greatest thing the UK added to Democracy: The General Election.

Tony Blair was getting hounded for siding with GWB**, and was sinking in the polls. He called a General Election and was reinstated by a landslide. I think there was one in Canada not too long ago, and one on Australia recently, too.

Gordon Brown WAS going to call one about 2 months after he was elected, but thought better of it... ;) (Good thing...)

If we had that system here, I think we'd be hailing President McCain as soon as the dust from the chads cleared...

**When GWB was elected, he had a press conference upon his meeting with Tony Blair. I was watching it, and I don't think Blair could get far enough away and still be in the camera view... 9/11, Tony Blair became the best friend America has had n a long, long time, and the next time I saw him and Bush together they were side-by-side like old buddies...

ALMOST as close as Blair got to Clinton. I thought THOSE two were going to KISS each other! ;)

I will certainly never forget Tony as long as I live.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Did you see the movie, "Queen"? Fabulous portrayals of Elizabeth, Phillip, Tony, and Cheri Blair.

Reply to
Sharx35

I'm trying to remember. I know I saw part of it, was that the one where the guy playing Blair really LOOKED like Blair?

Reply to
Hachiroku

The difference being the US does NOT have a Parliamentary system of government like Great Brittan and Canada. Nor is it a Democratic form of government, that many around the world and even in the US as well, seem to believe.

Our system is Representative REPUBLIC, comprised of the 50 in individual SOVEREIGN states.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

On this we agree. Canada elects term dictators. Our senate is beyond useless, just expensive dead weight. I am not sure if in the history of Canada they ever effectively blocked legislation. Squealed a few times, but never effective.

Reply to
Canuck57

The Vibe is basically a glitzed up Toyota Matrix. Now maybe that is a Voltz in Japan, but in any case, it is just a jacked up Corolla wagon.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

In message , Mike Hunter writes

According to the UK Toyota site all cars registered since January are fit to drive.

Reply to
Clive

In Canada at least, you a WRONG. Customers cars are first. Those with any sign of stiffness get priority. Then come sold cars on dealers lots, then dealer inventory.

New cars are unlikely to have a problem as it is a "combination of wear and humidity" that is causing the problem. This whole thing is being blown WAY out of proportion.

And the "braking" problem on the Hybrids??? Do you realize FORD has had to reflash the code on some of their hybrids for the same problem?? Switching from regen to friction brakes is NOT seamless, so the "impression" of reduced breaking is there.

Not a safety issue at this point as far as anyone knows - but definitely a "driveability" type problem.

Reply to
clare