Re: Japanese invasion, GM and FORD in trouble

I don't know what Ford's problem is, but from 1st hand experience I can tell you that GM apparently refuses to listen to their customers...even on simple matters with extremely simple solutions. They just blow you off as some sort of annoyance instead of the place their livelihood comes from. A company can't treat customers that way for very long before they move elsewhere. I've not experienced anywhere near that same level of disregard for the customer for other brand cars I've owned. I wrote two letters to Tom Lutz at GM a couple years ago on a matter relating to this subject. And as I eventually discovered to be typical GM culture (apparently), the letters were ignored completely. Not even a "thanks for writing" letter back for either one. Customers won't put up with that sort of foolishness when they drop $20K-$40K (or more) on a product.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Why are you writing GM directly? Your supposed to be taken care of by the GM dealers.

I personally could care less what kind of attitude an auto manufacturer has, what matters to me is the attitude of the dealerships.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

James, now why would GM thank you for writing when they don't want you to write them? You're just a pain in the ass to them. I know it's like cutting off my nose to spite my face, but in a way I can't wait to see what they do when the Chinese start sending over full sized cars for $10K with a 100K mile warranty. It's not that far fetched really when you see digital multimeters for $6 and watches for $1 that work OK.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Tom Lutz is Bob Lutz brother, why would he respond? Does he work At GM?

LOL

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,524 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Typo. :-)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

| > I don't know what Ford's problem is, but from 1st hand experience I can | tell | > you that GM apparently refuses to listen to their customers...even on | simple | > matters with extremely simple solutions. They just blow you off as some | sort | > of annoyance instead of the place their livelihood comes from. | | Why are you writing GM directly? Your supposed to be taken care of | by the GM dealers. | | I personally could care less what kind of attitude an auto manufacturer has, | what matters to me is the attitude of the dealerships. | | Ted | |

Last resort. Dealer => BBB => Bob Lutz (In my case) But you're normally right. The last issue I had at another manufacturer, the Dealer became my advocate against the manufacturer and works very successfully.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Few owners read the part of their warranty that says 'GM warrant to its dealers etc." ;)

mike hunt

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

Reply to
BenDover

Except in the case of a North Central, Pa. dealer I worked for:

He would screw the customers, and the manufacturers. Yes "Manufacturers" he has 7 lines, would have to get involved.

He is a pompous bag of hot air whom has no respect for his employees nor his customers.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish_King1

People will buy them. It is a cycle that is going to wipe out the US. American companies keep shipping work overseas to appease the shareholder quest for topping the last Quaterly results resulting in short term penny profiting and consumers with lower spending dollars will turn to lower priced products from communist china etc.. to make up for the drop in discretionary income. You have not seen anything yet, wait till your kids grandchildren in the future grow up.

Reply to
Hugo Drax

Why do you believe companies are being greedy when they choose to take advantage of the lower costs of complying with government regulations, as well as lower environmental and labor costs by producing some of their products in foreign countries to help them compete with foreign manufactures? Are consumers also not being greedy when they are doing the same thing more or more every day? If the American consumers expect their to be jobs in the future for their grandchildren, they better start buying more products produced in America

mike hunt

Hugo Drax wrote:

Reply to
MelvinGibson

Mike you hit the nail right on its head. "products produced in America" and not necessarily American brand.

a lot of the American brand are not even being produced here.

shareholder

Reply to
J Oat

You are correct. When I buy a vehicle I make sure the first number of the VIN is a '1,' which means it is made in the US of more than 70% American parts. I would not by a Jaguar from Ford that is made in England or a Dodge Ram made in Mexico of American parts or a Tundra or Camry that are only assembled in the US of less than 40% American parts.

When I purchase anything I try to buy those that have a 'Made in USA' label, when ever possible. I even go as far as trying to buy things made in NY, PA, NJ or Delaware, states in which I pay taxes. We American should be as smart as the Japanese and buy the products of our own county from our own manufactures whenever possible. I avoid foreign brands that assemble in the US, like Toyota, because they take all the millions of dollars of profits they earn in the US out of the US corporate tax free.

mike hunt

J Oat wrote:

Reply to
MelvinGibson