Re: 'Like house of cards,' used trucks fall

On the other hand CNN had a story about a guy spending $2k per month to gas his Hummer so now he is driving a used Prius with a dent that cost him
$24k. Guy goes from one extreme to another.

We know not everyone is a smart buyer. That 24K acquisition cost would have paid for ALL of his gas for the Hummer for two years. He would have been ahead the cost of whatever gas he uses in the Prius for the next two years LOL

Art turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

Yeah, that's lame. Take a $130K truck with a diesel and get a $24K car. Go figure.
I'm seriously looking at a used 1980s mercedes 300d or 300sd.
Now, if I buy one and use some variation of WVO to power it, I'd save well over $2K in gas the first year in just commuting. (I'd keep the Avalanche to drive with the family.) Since a used 300d or 300sd goes for between $1000 and $4000, I'd be ahead really quick.
In addition, I get to not use blood oil from Venezuela, Saudi Arabia or Nigeria in the process. I know it isn't a blip on the oil companies' radar screen, but at least it might be my stake.
In addition, I get to keep the comfy truck for pleasure driving, camping and towing.