Re: Mercedes-Benz hit with suit

Page 1 of 13
"Philip" wrote:

LOL...but then Toyota owners know all about sludge, don't they?
Ed
In being of bellicose mind posted:

Just the 3,000 or so negligents who had to learn the hard way. The remaining 99% don't know from nuthin' ;-)
--
*Philip

If only AlGore's gardeners would stop moving him around and feeding
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:43:54 +0000, Philip wrote:

Why do all the "negligents" happen to be driving the same Toyota models?
In being of bellicose mind

Birds of a feather flock together. ;-)
--
*Philip

If only AlGore's gardeners would stop moving him around and feeding
being of bellicose mind posted:

troll
In being of bellicose mind

Block head.
being of bellicose mind

::PLONK!::
troll
On 23 Nov 2003 09:37:24 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Eastward Bound) wrote:

*plonk*
being of bellicose mind

*double plonk*
Bit offtopic, innit? But does that mean you've bought the Pacifica...
;-) DAS --
Indeed Mobil 1 is recommended for my Merc (which has a 3.2 l engine) in Europe.
DAS --
In being of bellicose

Check closely the ACEA designation. In the US, only the 0w-40 and 15w-50 Mobil1's meet the ACEA A3 service spec for service longer than 7,500 miles.
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
Huw wrote:

There is one main reason for the diesels popularity in Europe - differential taxation. In the US diesel fuel now routinely sells for more than unleaded regular gasoline. How can anyone justify paying extra for a diesel vehicle if the fuel is more expensive? True the diesel will get better mileage, but in most cases this will be at the sacrafice of some performance.
Ed
That may have been true once in a number of countries and may still influence some people's decisions (even though it is rarely worthwhile to pay the extra for a diesel engine unless you do a ery high mileage) but is no longer that significant.
How do you explain the steep rise of diesel sales in the UK where the fuel costs the same as or more than standard 95-octane (c. 90 in the US) petrol/gasoline?
The Merc S 320 CDI is the number-1-selling 'luxury executive' saloon in the UK. To people for whom the price of fuel is probably a secondary consideration.
DAS --
I suppose people in Europe aren't as bright as I thought.
Ed
Dori Schmetterling wrote:

Guess who isn't actually very bright? He's the one who speaks from a position of ignorance.
Huw
Spot on, Ed! Spot on!
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"

worthwhile to

but is

the fuel

in the

That is exactly correct. It is the engine of choice irrespective.
Huw
You can hear some diesel clatter outside the car, but inside it's much quieter. Although my current cars are petrol I have been in recent diesels and they are remarkably quiet. In once case I could hardly believe it wasn't petrol. Different ballgame to my 1980 W123 200D.
I am not sure I am ready to jump to diesel with my next car (whenever that might be), but by then there might have been further noticeable progress. Personally I would not say diesel is the ideal answer for everyone, but it's become an increasingly interesting proposition not be swept aside because of old notions about diesel.
DAS --
In being of bellicose mind posted:

The problem has always been and continues to be .... the fuel (diesel). Syrup in ... chunks out. Metro buses here in southern California (where I live) have been refitted with CNG gas and they are an amazing improvement in terms of exhaust stench and soot. California's CARB (California Air Resources Board) is intent on squeezing the notion of widespread diesel powered passenger cars out of existence. They'll do it too. Regarding diesel mechanical noise, NOBODY (the one or two exceptions notwithstanding) around here will put up with the external clatter if it eminates from a luxury sedan. 1ton pickup trucks.... whole different deal.