Re: Monte Carlo - impressive mileage.

Yes, that's simply unbelievable. The EPA rating is 21/31.
It is not totally unbelievable, I own a 2000 Impala with the 3.8 engine, and it has gotten 33 mpg on the highway before ethanol was added to our gas. That has cut its mileage back to about 28, which was recorded last weekend on a short trip and the a/c was running the entire time. Roy

The EPA for my '96 Bonneville with the 3800 supercharged engine is 26MPG highway. I average 28-29.