Re: Need Cadillac oil pans!!!

I'm looking for mid sump 425 pans, and rear sump pans from the 368 and

> 500 cadillac engines. I prefer that they come with the oil pickup tube > and dipstick also. If you have any, or know where to grab some for > CHEAP, feel free to shoot me an e-mail. -Jeremy

You can convert a front to a rear sump. Remove the pan remove the pickup(which requires unbolting the main strap) remove that main bolt and the next main bolt, swap them. bolt your pickup in the new locationcut the tube, blolt it back to the pump. Automatic trans dipstick tube works good for filler. that is the easy part. Cutting the bottom from the pan and swapping it end for end TACK WELD PLEASE!!! You will spend a whole day beating the shit out of that pan to get it to fit if you weld one end to the other, TRUST ME! It sounds scary and really involved but I did one so far and it works great . Putting a 472 in a 1969 Chevy 3/4 ton this week. I learned the trick from the guy I bought the truck from and hes been putting cadillacsin stuff for 20 years.

Reply to
aforbes