Re: NEED HELP!! 95 Grand Prix SE 3.1L

You could try the EZ link from Auto X-Ray. I got mine from Autobarn.com fro $350.00 It has the old GM cable, the intermediate, and the OBD2 generic cable.
It has capture function, for intermittant faults. You drive around with your friend holding the scanner in capture mode, and when the engine dies, he hits the capture button and it stores the sensor readings just before and after it died. It has nowhere near the functions of the REAL $3000.00 scan tool though
GW
Supreme wrote:

Check the shaft on the throttle body for excessive play. If the bushings or shaft have excessive wear, it knocks the TPS out of cal. and will cause most (or all) of the symptoms you mentioned. It may seem like a wild guess but it happens.
****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
EGR Valve stuck open. When you finally get it hot, it unsticks and operates semi-normally. Pull off the EGR valve, plug the hole, and see if it starts with no problem. the EGR valve is often overlooked because it seldom goes bad. IT will not show up on the scanners either.
John

starts,
and
able
really
odb
the
I'v been through the same thing with a '94 Bonneville. It turned out to be the crank sensor. It's my understanding that the Mass Air Flow sensor and the camshaft sensor can also cause stalling. Good luck. I fixed mine for $24 myself, after spending $395 at a shop.
Gary
http://community.webtv.net/GARY35619/CHECKTHISOUT