Re: No wonder everyone has gotten so goosey about grammar:

This is nuttin. Want me to post some good ones from old gore and a few

> others? They are all funny and of course many funnies are taken out of > context, which is ok, but a little unfair, but who cares right?

Yes. Please post some from Gore.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Here's a start for you ass:

At an event in Las Vegas on Monday, 09/18/00, Gore declared potential breast cancer victims faced "a long waiting line before they could get a biopsy or, uh, or a uh, another kind of, what am I looking for, a sonogram or...." People in the crowd shouted "mammogram."

"When my sister and I were growing up," Mr. Gore told a small audience made up mostly of women, "there was never any doubt in our minds that men and women were equal, if not more so."

Gore said: "And I'm a grandfather now. I want to be able to tell my grandson, when I'm in my later years, that I didn't turn away from the evidence that showed that we were doing some serious harm. In my faith tradition, it is written in the book of Matthew, 'Where your heart is, there's your treasure also.' And I believe that we ought to recognize the value to our children and grandchildren of taking steps that preserve the environment in a way that's good for them."

Oct. 25 2000 JACKSON, Tenn. (Reuters) ? Criticizing Bush's Social Security privatization plan at a rally in Tennessee, Gore said, "He is proposing to privatize a big part of Social Security and he's proposing to take $1 trillion, a million billion dollars out of the Social Security trust fund and give it as a tax incentive to young workers."

On July 16, 2000 during a "Meet the Press" interview, Gore was asked if he would be in favor of postponing the execution of a pregnant woman. His hesitant response was "I'd have to think about it". Apparently not prepared for this curve ball of a question, Gore must have been so conscientious about upsetting his pro-choice constituency that he couldn't even give the answer that was obvious to every member of the House which in uncharacteristically unanimous fashion passed legislation shortly after this interview to prohibit such a practice.

RUSSERT: Right now there's legislation which says that a woman on death row, if she's pregnant, she should not be executed. Do you support that? GORE: I don't what you're talking about. RUSSERT: It's a federal statue on the books that if a woman is pregnant and she's on death row, she should not be executed. GORE: Well, I don't know what the circumstances would be in that situation. I would--you know, it's an interesting fact situation. I'd want to think

"I'm very familiar with the importance of dairy farming in Wisconsin. I've spent the night on a dairy farm here in Wisconsin. If I'm entrusted with the presidency, you'll have someone who is very familiar with what the Wisconsin dairy industry is all about."

LOL!!

Reply to
dbu,.

I've been saying for a long time that all men are equal and women are better ...

I never knew I was a Democrat.

It feels so wrong to say that.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

LOL, "feels?" A rare public display of that "compassionate" side of conservative? Why..., its not mythical after all.

Reply to
F.H.

I see no disconnect between compassionate and the notion that men are equal and women are better.

What amazes me is that a democrat can voice the same opinion as I have.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

747
Reply to