Re: O sensor knowledge?

A google search will find more information than you could read. No make model year makes it hard to format a reply. If it is OBDII you can analyze
it with a tester and see where your O2 sensors stand.
My area began emission testing last year. The car passed with flying colors. Yesterday it passed again, but the results were very different this year....mainly the CO%.
The standard is 1.20: High RPM last year was 0.01, this year 1.08. Low RPM was up from 0.03 to 0.13.
The HC was a bit different too:
standard is 220: last year at High RPM the reading was 45 and 47 at low RPM. This year 17 at High and 100 at Low
The other test results are similar to last years results. This emissions testing is a new ballgame for me, so I'm at a loss to know what these results are pointing to?
During a 4500 trip last fall I had to use 10% ethenol gas for a few tankfulls. My mileage dropped almost 3mpg and when I got home I had a code, O sensor 'not ready'. I cleared that code and it's not showed up since.
I pamperwell-maintain this car as it's my get-out-of-town ride. My F100 is daily drive ride.
The Texas Clean Air website points to the sensor having a problem. My OBD had the sensor code, but it hasn't returned, so?
The car passed but I'd feel better about being closer to the first years result than yesterdays results. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you....
Dave S(Texas)

Did the search already, but since I've had no experience in figuring out emission test results, it's kinda 'spinning my wheels'
I know better than not posting yr/mk/model....sorry. '87 Deville, 4.1L, 93K, OBD1 system. No current/history codes. I'm positive the sensor is the original piece. Thanks
Dave S(Texas)
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Replace the O2 sensor by all means. They get slow to respond before failing totally.