Re: Oldsmobile RIP

That FWD is cheaper to build has been a common misconception among many. It may be your personal opinion as well but my 30 years experience as a metallurgical engineer working for VW
and GM in my early days as a assembly plant Field Engineer and later at Ford performing some of the chassis engineering on the first Escort and Taurus, has left my knowing otherwise. It has to do with the much more expensive amount of off-line pre-assembly required for FWD configuration v. RWD.
mike hunt