Re: Polish for plastic lights

I purchased from Auto Zone a set of disk like things that attach to a drill motor. Then you wet them and it says in 5 minutes you have clean clear head lights. Tried it on the right side and after 3 attempts I see no improvement. They also had the polish stuff but I thought this would work better.

I've seen the discussions on the 'polish' to use on things like headlight > lens when they yellow or become fogged. > > I thought the polish was available at Wal-Mart, but I looked yesterday > and couldn't find anything. > > Any recommendations as to what to use? > > I have a 93 Intrepid with the headlights all milky, and a 95 GradPrix > that has a 'light bar' that turned yellow and cloudy. > > Also... does the stuff work well with mechanical buffing or does it > really work well with hand rubbing (for hours and hours and...) > > >
Reply to
Tim

Try polishing compound OR buy the plastic kit that Novus sells. Either one will work. Just be aware that using any high speed polishing machine or drill can do more damage than good on a plastic lens.

Steve W.