Re: Possible Class Action Law Suit Against GMs Faulty Intake Gasket Failures

Page 1 of 2
PISS OFF

-

you havnt had an intake failure then you probably dont have a 3.1, 3.4 or 3.8, if you do then just give it time.
Mark Woodrow wrote:

I had a 1991 cavalier with a 3.1, got it replaced (yes, it had a new motor with that plastic crap) as soon as I got it (I bought used). My parents have 2 ventures, a 98 and a 2002. They bought nothing but gm vehicles, from the same dealer and the same salesperson. My dad brought both in, and they changed it no questions asked. The 2002 was still under warranty, but not the 98. Point to the story, there are still *some* honest and decent dealers, although buying 7 vehicles in the past 5 years from the same place seems to help! lol

ambulances looking for work. If they can't build business because of their ineptitude, they go looking for class action opportunities.

They knew about it, ( Ford, I think ) but the bean crunchers determined it would be cheaper to fight the lawsuits than to fix the cars....
So, whaddaya do when your car, and lots of other cars have the same problem, and the company says; "Screw you"..... because it can, and it can get away with it..
Sometimes, ya gotta sic the lawyers on them ! <rj>

I hear what you're saying RJ and I agree to a large extent. The problem I have with class action suits is that when they are launched by the lawyer, rather than the victims, the lawyers' motivation is largely to get themselves a fat paycheck and only the spoils go to the victims. In other words, the lawyers' motivation can be personal gain, rather than justice.

Are you saying that the lawyers who get large payments in exchange for getting their clients "coupons" aren't concerned about the welfare of their clients? Say it ain't so !

class action suits is that when they are launched by the lawyer, rather than the victims, the lawyers' motivation is largely to get themselves a fat paycheck and only the spoils go to the victims." In other words, the lawyer gains far more in a successful class action lawsuit than does the individual victim. This prompts many lawyers to aggressively seek opportunities for launching class action suits. Sure they want to win the suit. That's how they get their big pay day. Where does their main interest lie? In their own compensation. Followed distantly by their interest in securing compensation for their clients. Perhaps you thought they were angels of mercy?