Re: R.I.P. General Motors (1931-2006)

Page 3 of 7
On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:58:09 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

Do you really believe that people here believe your lies? What illegal substance are you smoking? The only people that get screwed are people who buy Fords and GMs.
You are truly a close-minded elitist and bigot who has bone to pick with the Japanese and are too indolent to face the facts.
Apparently, as a personal penis pinata by GM and Ford executives, you spend your days in newsgroups trying to convince people deluded enough to buy the same piece of garbages that you do. As the saying goes, misery loves company.

Sometimes it pays to spend a little more. For instance, my 1978 Toyota Hilux still runs great. It has the original motor and transmission and they haven't been rebuilt either. How many domestic vehicles that old can you say that about? If the domestic auto companies could come up with something as dependable as the 20R/22re, they'd quit making it to force people into buying more often. The Ford I-6 is an example.
Here's something else to chew on. One of my 4runners had the head gasket go out at 90,000 miles. It trashed the engine completely. They had a recall on the gaskets, but it was out warranty. What do you think GM would do in this case? I'll tell you what Toyota did, they replaced the engine for the grand total of $0.00. So now the 4runner is approaching 300,000 miles, I figure it's ok to spend a little more on Toyota.
It boils down to this: If you don't mind having to buy again a 175,000 miles and you want to keep Mexican workers employed while lining execs pocket, buy GM. And good luck with you ABS system that should have been recalled long ago. Oh, I almost forgot, don't let anyone sidewipe you in your truck either because you'll see alot more flames than this post.

I have one, a 1971 Pinto that I bought in 1970 for around $1885. It currently has nearly 300K on the clock. Looks and runs great. The drive train is all original, except I had to replace the clutch at 210K. I wish the 75 Celica, that cost me around 5K, had held up as well. ;)
Mike Hunt

biggest piece of s--- that was ever made.

I think my Vega was worse-more of that "wonderful" GM engineering. No wonder is headed to bankruptcy like a rocket sled on rails!
I guess it all depends on how well one maintains their vehicles. I had a total of three, a '75 and a '79 as well as the '71 I still own. Both of the others were driven to over 200K trouble free.
mike hunt

<rj>
On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 17:48:59 -0400, "Jim Higgins"

Ever drive a Chevette? <G>
I have a company issued 2001 Cavalier LS. What a total load of crap. Since we've got a fleet of them, the company mechanics are prepared for failures before they happen. What fails on one at XX miles, fails on all of them. Cutting and welding was required to change a power window motor!! <G>
I've reasonably driven every one of the 63,000 miles on the Cavalier, and I can't believe people buy 'em by choice. The car is simply minor league compared to anything that sold for a similar price from Honda or Toyota.
Bonehenge wrote:

Your company must think highly of you! Or do the bad employees get an '82 Yugo? *LOL*

Based on crash tests, it's obviously part of a downsizing plan...
Then again, my company and GM share many directors. They don't care if it's a GOOD car, only that their buddy sells it.
If you are going to make up a story, why don't you just say their relatives sell them? ;)

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 11:12:12 GMT, Bonehenge

Yet that Cavaliers you drive counts as evidence to Mike Hunt that GM cars are better than Honda. 25% of GM car sales are fleet purchases.
If you are going to make up a figure why not make it 50%? ;)
mike hunt
25% of GM car sales are fleet purchases.

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 21:19:08 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

If you are going to call me a liar, you might at least make a feeble attempt to check my facts. Even a polite request for a reference would save you the embarrassment of my (once again) proving that you are blowing smoke.
http://72.14.203.104/search?q che:rAtnUeuBs3oJ:www.autoweek.com/news.cms%3FnewsId%3D103587
Big 3 fleet sales hid October retail collapse, helped to keep domestics afloat MARY CONNELLY | Automotive News Posted Date: 11/15/05
"GM's fleet sales generated 33.5 percent of its total October volume, up from 25.8 percent for the period a year earlier. Ford Motor's fleets also accounted for 33 percent of October sales, up from 24 percent a year earlier."
http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/49139.html
Honda, Toyota Sales Up; GM, Ford Sales Slide
By Dee-Ann Durbin AP 03/02/06 7:38 AM PT
"Paul Ballew, GM's executive director of market and industry analysis, said GM was pleased with its performance because it relied less heavily on incentives and fleet sales than in the past. Ballew said GM's incentive spending was down US$1,000 per vehicle from last February, while sales to corporate and government fleets fell to 25 percent of overall sales, down from 30 percent a year ago."
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto_News/Auto_News/Feb_Sales_Chrysler_Japanese_Strong.S175.A10097.html
Feb. Sales: Chrysler, Japanese Strong GM and Ford slip slightly as sales stay flat. by Joseph Szczesny              (2006-03-06)
"Ford, meanwhile, was forced to use fleet sales to prop up their February sales totals. GM and Ford also disclosed plans for modest cuts in production during the second quarter. George Pipas, Ford's sales analyst, said Wednesday fleet sales accounted for more than 40 percent of the company's sales total for February, surprising analysts monitoring the company's monthly sales call."
If you will take the time to actually read what you post you would realize when you said 25% of GM car sales are fleet purchases, you were incorrect. Since you obviously knew what you posted was not correct, that makes what you posted a lie. I was being kind when I called it a 'story' GM or any other manufacture would love to sell 25% of their cars to ANY one type of buyer. ;)
mike hunt
wrote in message

http://72.14.203.104/search?q che:rAtnUeuBs3oJ:www.autoweek.com/news.cms%3FnewsId%3D103587
Top-posting moron and proven liar Mike Hunter wrote:

That's funny, coming from "Mike Hunt" the bald-faced liar.

It appears to me that his evidence proves his claim. Stop being a stupid, top-posting asshole and show EXACTLY where he is wrong instead of just ranting-away at the top.

That's OK dizzy AKA Moron, Idiot, Stupid, Troll etc we did not expect you to find the discrepancy between what he posted and the actual facts. LOL
mike hunt
message

I still believe the Chevy Monza was the worst car that I have ever owned. I have only seen one Chevy Monza in my town in the past 3 years and see lots of really old Honda and Toyota cars. Even at car shows--I have seen lots of really old Chevy and Ford cars in excellent condition but I have never seen a Chevy Monza at any of those car shows. Has anyone else ever seen a Chevy Monza in a car show or on the streets in your town (in the past three years?). Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
Chuck wrote:

GM would have said tough luck on you, and Mike Hunt would agree with them.
John
Back when all manufactures began experiencing head gasket failures Toyota was NOT repairing ANY engine with a bad head gasket that was our of warranty. It was not until after Fords out of court settlement with the gasket manufactures over the problems that developed with the government ban on asbestos, that Toyota and some other manufactues started to make repairs that were 80% paid for by the gasket manufactures. Up until then the gasket manufactures were blaming owner neglect. Since the gasket failures were not catastrophic but rather a slow deterioration, a leaking head gasket should have been detected with normal maintenance long before it leaked enough to damage the engine. So you really should be thanking Ford ;)
mike hunt