Re: R.I.P. General Motors (1931-2006)

I guess you never heard of a breeder reactor? ;)

mike hunt

> Besides, nuclear power is not renewable. > > Jeff >
Reply to
Mike Hunter

I have. But most or all of the fuel used in commercial reactors comes from mines.

It is not renewable, at least in practice.

Of course, if they could get nuclear fusion to work, that would be an almost endless supply of energy, although not technically renewable, because the hydrogen would be used up.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

No? When one puts uranium in a breeder one take out Plutonium. Plutonium produces mores energy than the original uranium ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

So, what commercial nuclear reactor uses Plutonium from breeder reactors as fuel?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff