Re: Removing paint from finish

It's a 1999 Chevy Silverado.

Reply to
Aggie

Lacquer thinner sounds harsh, try a WD 40 type product, wet paint good, a minute later, wipe off paint with paper towel. Get it while it's fresh !!!

Reply to
451ctds

what kind of truck? if its something new with a clearcoat, just get some laquor thinner, and wipe the paint away, and then wash the truck afterwards.

I inadvertently drove through some fresh paint from road markings and it got > on my truck. Can anyone tell me how to remove it without harming the > finish? Thanks. > > Aggie > >
Reply to
Paradox

either that or check paint shops for something called "acrysol" it takes off ANYTHING, the double stick tape used for side mouldings, road tar, etc etc...

Reply to
Paradox