Re: Replacing Turn Signal, 87 Regal

I have never used anything other than my hands/fingers and a screwdriver to put that plate and snap ring back on. If you put the plate on then thread the nut on a few turns, give the plate a goood hard shove down
while pulling up on the steering shaft (using the nut for grip). If you are lucky it goes far enough and then you can cock the plate so it won't slide back up while you put the snap ring on with the other hand (the one that did the pulling up). GW
Vuarra wrote:

There is a special tool, a spring compressor to hold down the spring and plate to snap the ring on. I had to buy one several years ago. You may be able to borrow one somewhere. It makes the job much easier.
Gary