Re: Screw Consumer Reports

Page 2 of 6

1:57pm).
recommendation?
And you clipped the fun part of my previous post...
Look, if it's any consolation to you, I not only look at personal experience
(Fords and VWs suck, GMs are so-so, Toyotas rock) and CR (Fords and GMs often suck, VWs usually suck, Toyotas and Hondas usually rock) but I also solicit the opinions and experiences of my friends (domestics suck, Toyotas and Hondas rock) and my mechanic ("domestics are my cash cows but I really appreciate people who buy VWs and please don't buy that Toyota because I'm trying to send kids to college").
See any themes there? I sure do.
The SSR is more like a $40,000 truckett. It is no truck. Maybe lard-assed bad-idea, but not a truck.
Don't argue with Mike. Waste of time. Accept his logic. Most unit sales + massive losses + sinking market share = highest quality for GM vs. junky brands liked by the idiots at CR such as Toyota.
GM's future is assured thanks to Mike's proof that GM quality is the best. And those guys at GM who actually admit their quality is inferior to Toyota? Heck they probably just don't want some poor Toyota exec. to feel bad and have to impale himself on a sword or letter opener or something.
On behalf of GM stockholders everywhere, Mike, I thank you for lifting the veil of deceit and despair for us all.

Seems you too are confused, as well. What makes you think any opinion that does not agree with your opinion MUST be wrong? I never talked about who is earning what, nor have I ever said Toyota or any other brand sells junk. What I have said, over and over, is that ALL manufactures are building good high quality, reliable vehicles today. The only real deference among them is style and price. Buyers buy the brand, model, style and price they think is best for them. Any other conclusion as to what buyers prefer defies logic.
mike hunt

money
look
Hey, this is all about the survey results that CR publishes. Those survey results are not based on my opinion (except for my one survey reply), they are based on over a million replies by loads of car owners. Those surveys show that you are dead wrong about brand reliability. There is a HUGE difference between the reliability experience of, say, a Caddy and a Lexus...according to the people who bought the two brands.
That is not the only factor that controls buyer choice for all or even most buyers, you are exactly right about that and, as a result, GM sells a lot more cars/trucks in the U.S. than Toyota. But they make no money doing it and that is bad. I submit to you that if it was GM that had the excellent survey results i the CR survey and Toyota had the mediocre or worse ones, we would be discussing how Toyota is going to survive in the U.S. market.

It has come to light that the loss at GM last year was $11.000.000.000 and not just $9.000.000.000 as was previously estimated
So with $15.000.000.000 loss this year it will be interesting to see how long they continue paying customers to take cars

of course, we all wonder where you came up with that fictious, inflammatory $15B figure from. I suspect somewhere dark and dank. JP
They probably go bankrupt soon

Engrish bad. Bankrupt bad. bad, GM, bad.
JP:)
Thatcher sat at a ceremony at the Chinese capital and asked their prime minister
How often do you have elections?
Evely night!
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:59:55 -0500, "Mike Hunter"

Okay Mike. Anecdotal should be shoved aside. Hmm, also don't pay attention to wide reaching surveys. Instead, judge quality and value based on what is the most popular seller. That is what you are saying.
Just curious Mike, do you like AOL as an ISP? Boy, they sure are popular. Must be the best, at least by your logic.
SgtSilicon wrote:

And like GM is rapidly losing market share. But at least AOL sees the handwriting on the wall and is starting to offer broadband.

Marketshare is a fickle thing. Every manufacturer has seen fluctuations in marketshare. That all by itself is pretty meaningless. It only stands to reason that GM would be seeing an impact from all of the recent announcements. I expect they will continue to see some hits for a while. That's the nature of the market. I also expect they'll come out of this in time. I suspect they'll come out with a radically different agreement with the unions, and I equally suspect that's what's behind a great deal of this. Some honest restructuring both within the corporate ranks, the corporate processes, and the union relationships would be good for GM and would position them to be a leader again. Contrary to what the Toyota advocates like to tout, I believe GM has some pretty damned good stuff to be proud of.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

The question was, do YOU personally think AOL is the best national ISP?
I sure don't. I know they aren't in fact. But anyway, they are the most popular. That shows me that your logic of best seller = best quality/value is proven wrong. I could come up with many more examples but I really only need but one.
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:52:54 -0500, "Mike Hunter"

Like I said that my be your opinion, but the people that subscribe to AOL think otherwise, obviously.
Personally I have been connect for many years, via satellite, to server connected to a high speed a cable network that happens to be the oldest ISP/cable system in the country.
mike hunt

or the folks on AOL are stuck... :-)

http://www.SecureIX.com ***
Shooting the messenger won't make Ford's any better.
Apparently more buyers already think Fords are better. Better than any others, except GM. LOL
mike hunt