Re: Screw Consumer Reports

Apparently AOLs subscribers think it the best, they are willing to pay the cost.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Seems you too are confused, as well. What makes you think any opinion that does not agree with your opinion MUST be wrong? I never talked about who is earning what, nor have I ever said Toyota or any other brand sells junk. What I have said, over and over, is that ALL manufactures are building good high quality, reliable vehicles today. The only real deference among them is style and price. Buyers buy the brand, model, style and price they think is best for them. Any other conclusion as to what buyers prefer defies logic.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Taking a break from making disparaging remarks about Toyotas over in the .toyota group so that you can help mis-inform the people who hang out in .gm?

You're so considerate.

All manufactures are building vehicles with better quality than 20 years or more ago.

It's just that some are building better than others and those "some" are most often Toyota and Honda.

As long as GM execs are dedicated to lining their pockets rather than building great cars, they're always going to be also-rans in quality, reliability and resale value.

Go ahead, check Edmunds on resale value. If Chevy didn't think Edmunds was at least reasonably authoritative and reliable, they wouldn't promote it in their TV ads, now would they?

***
Reply to
dh

The question was, do YOU personally think AOL is the best national ISP?

I sure don't. I know they aren't in fact. But anyway, they are the most popular. That shows me that your logic of best seller = best quality/value is proven wrong. I could come up with many more examples but I really only need but one.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Like I said that my be your opinion, but the people that subscribe to AOL think otherwise, obviously.

Personally I have been connect for many years, via satellite, to server connected to a high speed a cable network that happens to be the oldest ISP/cable system in the country.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

or the folks on AOL are stuck... :-)

Reply to
SC

Hey, this is all about the survey results that CR publishes. Those survey results are not based on my opinion (except for my one survey reply), they are based on over a million replies by loads of car owners. Those surveys show that you are dead wrong about brand reliability. There is a HUGE difference between the reliability experience of, say, a Caddy and a Lexus...according to the people who bought the two brands.

That is not the only factor that controls buyer choice for all or even most buyers, you are exactly right about that and, as a result, GM sells a lot more cars/trucks in the U.S. than Toyota. But they make no money doing it and that is bad. I submit to you that if it was GM that had the excellent survey results i the CR survey and Toyota had the mediocre or worse ones, we would be discussing how Toyota is going to survive in the U.S. market.

Reply to
GLitwinski

It has come to light that the loss at GM last year was $11.000.000.000 and not just $9.000.000.000 as was previously estimated

So with $15.000.000.000 loss this year it will be interesting to see how long they continue paying customers to take cars

Reply to
Gosi

"Gosi" wrote in news:1142697668.643093.130050 @z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

of course, we all wonder where you came up with that fictious, inflammatory $15B figure from. I suspect somewhere dark and dank. JP

Reply to
Jon Patrick

They probably go bankrupt soon

Reply to
Gosi

"Gosi" wrote in news:1142758556.676413.321120 @z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Engrish bad. Bankrupt bad. bad, GM, bad.

JP:)

Reply to
Jon Patrick

Thatcher sat at a ceremony at the Chinese capital and asked their prime minister

How often do you have elections?

Evely night!

Reply to
Gosi