Re: Security light - no crank- 2001 Impala

I didn't have to wait long. It croaked again. [always in my driveway at least]. I'm also crossposting this to alt.autos.gm - originally it was just on
rec.autos.tech.

BTW-- The dealer had to tow it-- but when it got to the shop it started fine.

This time I tried wiggling everything & it didn't seem to make a difference. The battery only measures 12.5 volts so I put the charger on it. What *seems* to have done it this time was wiggling the ignition up and down and back and forth.
This time, though-- The security light stays on, and the "service engine soon" light has appeared, along with the 'alternator' light [the red battery]. The appear in sequence & didn't go off in the 10 minutes that I drove the car.
The stereo display is showing "locked" when it lights at all. The radio doesn't work.