Re: some advice for a newbie

I have a 1975 Oldsmobile Cutlass for sale. It would make a pretty stiff hot rod.
There are so many options out there it would take forever to list them all.
Best thing you can do is research research research. Pick a year and look for all makes and models available for sale in that year. I personally would go pre 1973 (emissions really got crazy shortly after that) Look for pictures. Look on E-bay(.com), or autotrader.com I know that the Opel car manufacturer is owned by GM. Ford is still Ford. You MAY be able to get some compatible parts over there with research.
Now..if you are serious about getting American Muscle, find a US military base close to you. Then find a junkyard in that area and see what kind of American cars are there. Americans are allowed to import thier cars into the country as long as they do the required safety changes. Look in the newspapers there and see what the Americans are selling. The car of your dreams may already be in country. Then if you were to buy one, you would have to pay the import tax to your government. Good luck John
BTW off topic; My wife was born in Heidelburg, and she has family in Memmingen (outside Munich)

Simon Putz wrote:

1969 Chevelle SS 396/375 1968 Charger R/T 440 Magnum
Condition is everything, better to buy an excellent lesser car, than a desireable model in poor condition. Best to search upscale communities, poor people drive old cars, and skimp on repairs. Upscalers tend to garage cars, and have dealer service. 50's cars use a lot of expensive pot metal Check big American parts vendors like JEG'S or SUMMIT RACING , Get CLASSIC INDUSTRIES catalog. One overlooked car is early to mid 80's GM A - G bodies. Last of the good ones in my opinion. The motors are wimpy, but sip expensive European fuel at an affordable rate when outfitted with throttle body injection. I can't see having a Ball Buster which guzzles gas in a country that charges so much tax for fuel.