Re: The US must Increase TaxPayer Subsidies to Toyota, a company that works!

You just quoted yourself, but changed the text in the quotation marks! Sure, the spirit of what you said is the same, but your initial typo-laced turn of phrase was anything but clear. I think maybe what
he did not understand was your poor conveyance of your point.
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 12:22:24 -0500, "Mike Hunter"

And what is your point? The thrust of the thread is subsides, not sales. As I said Toyota is still number two in the worlds biggest market by nearly a million vehicles, where it earns most of its profits.
Being number one around the world, selling low profit small and midget cars by a few thousand vehicles, has not helped Toyota turn a profit. Toyota, as well had a loss for 2008, even with the annual subsidy they have been receiving from the Japanese government since WWII.