Re: This is upsetting

wrote:

why, is there something witty about that name?
Vuarra
Vuarra,
Don't you Brits know about American Humor?
If you say Mike Hunt fast several times it sounds like your saying, My _unt ( Female anatomy part beginning with C ).
This was a great gag in the 50's to call in to a place that has a lady working a PA system. Ask her to page Mike Hunt. When nobody would respond she'd repeat it several more times. She'd usually catch on after the men in the office were rolling on the floor laughing.
One night at the bowling alley an old counterman got on the loudspeaker paging a Mike Hunt, I couldn't believe it and several of us busted out laughing. Then this heavy dude comes up to the counter to take the call. I guess there was a Mike Hunt in the house that night.
000,006 - Feb 4,1991 100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005 500,000 - Dream On !
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:55:27 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

If I were from across the pond, I'd take the time to actually respond.... I'm from Canada.

I know. Harry, I'm sure you've heard of sarcasm. (which, eerily enough, sounds like something one might have with that female body part)

Women have gotten more (or less, your call) sophisticated since then

Sounds like the joke was on you and your... er, mates.... that night :)

Vuarra