Re: Toyota Prius Hybrid

Perhaps, but the vast majority of US buyers do not buy small or midget cars. In the real world they buy more trucks and midsize cars. That is why all of the import brands changed from selling only small or midget cars to selling luxury cars, trucks and midsize cars that most US buyers prefer. That is why they earn most of their profits in the US market, the worlds largest. Those that buy small or midget cars in the US and other markets do so because they can not afford to buy and operate the trucks and midsize cars that most US buyers prefer. ;)

> >> What is your point. The top selling vehicles in the US are America brand >> trucks. GM sells the more cars and the best selling cars, foreign and >> domestic, are mid-size cars not small or midget cars > > Point was, a well rounded auto company would make a variety of small, mid > and large vehicles. > > Not everyone wants a Geo POC. If we did, I would rather have the Tata > Nano for $2500. > > >>> >>>> Are your referring to Toyotas big drop in sales? Toyota grew in the >>>> US by making ALL of their cars bigger and more powerful, as well as >>>> adding luxury cars, SUVs and big trucks to their lines of vehicles, >>>> much more in line with domestics in the types of vehicles Americans >>>> prefer to buy, own, and operate. To top it off Toyota brought their >>>> first full size pickup to market just as the market was dying down and >>>> now they can not give the Tundra away LOL >>> >>> But Toyota will do well, they don't have 30 years if ingrained >>> imcompetance and massive unmanaged debt accumulation to worry about. >>> >>> Toyota isn't going to wait 30 years for a fix either. Bet plans already >>> exist to fix it. >>> >>> Plus, it is the wrong anwer to produce just big, or just small. A >>> comprehensive auto supplier is going to do both and sell whatever the >>> customer wants on short notice. >>> >>> While small runt cars are the fad of the day, they don't work well >>> at -35C bewteen Regina and Winnipeg, nor do they tow trailers for >>> contractors or boaters. Part of Ford's success in fact is that they >>> produce a Focus for the small end and a F450 at the top and are getting >>> better at the low end. Ford can actually produce a 4 cyl. worth >>> considering, but GM and Chrysler still can't. >>> >> >> > >
Reply to
Mike Hunter