Re: Toyotas are for Faries

Which model did you buy, Sarge? Camry?

Reply to
<HLS

You have comrehension problems. Since I'm no fairy, I don't own a TOYota. I bet you have one though.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

OOOOOH...'Fairy'!....I was wondering what a 'farie' is.

Nope. Don't own one.

Reply to
<HLS

Bet you wonder a lot of things.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Of course. I wonder why people post stupid shit, like

"Toyotas are for Faries"

Reply to
<HLS

Actually, from what I've read the average Toyota owner is a male over 45, or female.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That makes sense. Both of those groups of people are a hell of lot smarter then Males below 45!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I guess that is why those over 50 buy more domestics, they must be even smarter. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

While waiting for my wife in the doctor's office today, I was reading through his latest Motor Trend magazine (March, 2006).

Toyota sold about 400,000 Camrys last year in the USA, according to Motor Trend, making it the most popular, most purchased, passenger car in the USA.

Buy the copy, argue with them, if you like.

We have now test driven VW Passat, Toyota, and Honda. The Honda was beautifully appointed with respect to coachwork, interior, etc. The 4 cyl was gutless, and the ride was a bit harsh.

The Toyota was better in every respect, except that the 4 cylinder was still a bit limp.

The VW Passat with turbocharged 4 cylinder was AWESOME in every respect. We have read that the reliability is not as good as the rice-rockets. Maybe. But they can get 34 mpg with excellent handling, and dammittohell power (when your foot is in it, and when you are getting instantaneous readings of 7 MPG).

What will we buy?? Don't know yet.

400,000 'Faries' chose Toyota.
Reply to
<HLS

No group bought more passenger cars than the Toyota Camry owners, according to my Motor Trend post today. Toyota outsold all American passenger cars for the past 8 of 9 years, if their data is correct.

If not, argue with Motor Trend, not me.

Reply to
<HLS

That is true the Camry is the number one selling single model car in the US. The number one selling vehicle in the US is the Ford F150 at a rate more than double that of the Camry. In the list of best selling vehicle in the US the Camry is number four. Eight out of ten Camrys sold have 4cy engines and are underpowered. If you buy a Camry or the Accord the V6 is the better choice, IMO.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Now that is not true. The Camry has indeed been the number one selling individual model but GM and Ford sell more cars than Toyota but not with the same model name on the hood.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

So this one guy says that the best selling apple (passenger car) in the U.S. is the Red Delicious (Toyota Camry).

This provokes Mike Hunter to note that the best selling orange (truck) in the country is the Naval (Ford F150).

The neutral observer, while noting that there are so many versions of the F150 (regular cab, extended cab, short box, long box, 2wd, 4wd, etc.) that it is a little hard to even call it a single type of orange, asks Mike why he wants to compare apples with oranges? It is highly unlikely that anyone shopping for apples (cars) will for a second consider an orange (pickup).

As an aside, the nice apple growers at Toyota have come up with a new orange (Tundra) that is very likely to give the folks at the orchards of Ford, GM, and Daimler-Chrysler a night or two or more manning the smudge pots.

Reply to
Chuck U. Farley

I am neither panzy nor afraid to speak my mind. You're the one who started this 'name calling' innuendo.

Reply to
<HLS

I started it as a bit of comedy relief. This is a GM group and it gets tiring with all the Toyota shills in here. This group isn't about or for Toyotas, so if Toyotas are your bag then please, stay out of here.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Mike Hunter wrote, "Actually, from what I've read the average Toyota owner is a male over 45, or female." ********************************************* OK, so Sarge was slightly off...sounds like Toyotas are for chicks and middle-age men (how exciting). I don't think anyone can deny you see a hell of a lot of girls driving them. So see, sarge? They are NOT for 'fairies'...they're for GIRLS!! Sheesh!

I'll take a gm product any day--truck or car.

Reply to
James Goforth

Hehe. I suppose that could be true. But then, guys that want to drive what girls like.. what do you call them? :)

Reply to
SgtSilicon

I am no Toyota shill, nor do I intend to go anywhere. You are no moderator on this group.

I own two GM product and one Dodge. No Toyotas.

But I'll be damned if I will defend the shit that GM has put out and the way they have treated their customers.

GM has produced a ton of crap, and has not even attempted to bring their products up to quality. They have dodged repairing their engineering failures.

I WILL buy a new car soon, but haven't made up my mind what it will be.

Reply to
<HLS

Well... I'll take a different approach. I like my GMs. That's not to say that I believe GM has lived up to their responsibilities well, or that they haven't pulled some crap on their consumers. They have screwed up pretty big. But... they do build some very nice cars. The few problems with GM vehicles do not make them crap. My Buicks have been first class cars in many respects. I'd stack them up against any other manufacturer. As long as we don't talk about wheel bearings and intake gaskets.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
SgtSilicon