Re: Transmission: 700R4 lurches into forward gear

Whats your idle set at?

You raise a good point. When I first start the engine the idle is a little high. I don't have a tachometer so I don't know the exact value. I idle does reach a low value after about 10 seconds. I will try to set the idle as low as possible. I'll have to do some research on how to do this. Do you know how? It is a 4.3 L engine with fuel injection into a manifold.
One thing that makes me think it something in the transmission if the following: If I drive in reverse for about 200 ft (length of my driveway) and then put it in forward the lurching action is sometime very slight. Even for the about the same RPMs. My thought was it maybe something like a weak spring in the value body area such as the accumulator assembly.
This older transmssion does not have the auxiliary value body. Any idea what this does?