Re: U.S. Car Makers Fail to Improve Resale Values

I believe it is time for Kelly to enter the real word of NEW car pricing. Basing the residual value of a used car, on MSRP is misleading. Everyone in
the business knows most of the imports that look better, have a much higher drive home price on average. Those that do not look as good, have a far lower drive home price vis a v the original MSRP. Particularly when one considers the fact most import brands do NOT offer anywhere near the residuals, PROJECTED by Kelly, by the brands own dealerships.
Astute new cars buyer know that the actual drive home pricing should be the criteria for basing residual value, as a PERCENTAGE of the actual original selling price. Remember KELLY reflects the wholesale market, generally, NOT the retail market. NADA is much closer to showing what is actually happening in the NEW car market.
In the real world, now that I am buying domestics, I am paying out at least one third and as much as one half LESS every two years, than what I was paying out when I was buying imports every two year. I am saving hundreds of dollar are preventive maintenance as well because the shop rates are $20 or $30 less at the domestic dealerships