Re: U.S. Employment: GM vs Toyota

Page 2 of 2

Yes, they beat Toyota. To do it, they had to essentially give their trucks and SUVs away. They were advertising rebates up to $9000 per vehicle.
Competing with Toyota and Honda for sales in this manner will not help them maintain profitability. It WILL help them move some dead stock.
It is a delicate balancing act.
Apparently there was a news release yesterday in which GM did not take bankruptcy off the table. I havent read it yet, just caught the tip of it in the news. If so, it will be a strategic bankruptcy, I am sure, but may destroy investor confidence. (Heck, if anybody still has any confidence in the market at this point!)
wrote in message They even beat out

That's bull. Toyo was offering huge rebates (at least around here) too. The fact is, more people bought GM then they did Toyo.

This isn't the first time GM has played the "we may go bankrupt" act. They will get out of this one, just like they always have. Just keep watching ;-)
wrote in message They even beat out

The fact is that GM did outsell Toyota during that time period. Hard to say why with absolute authority. The huge rebates must have had an effect. I did not notice such a promotion by Toyota around here.

GM is registered as a charity. They sell cars below cost.
Please support your local dealer with a donation so they can continue on their mission to supply cars to people who can not pay the full price.
wrote in message They even beat out

Of course the rebates helped, but the fact still remains that GM outsold Toyo. More people chose to purchase a GM product then a Toyo product, end of story.
80 Knight wrote:

--
Civis Romanus Sum

Thanks for confirming you are a Troll there Jimmy. When someone asks you that big question, you can't answer it.

You may have a hard sell on that Suburban.

Yes the Suburban is a good buy. Soon they will be give aways.