Re: "We are professional grade"

It always seems strange to me that the same people that complain about the price of fuel at the pump will then go inside the "Shop an' Rob"' and buy
bottled water and cigaretttes ;)

Mike hunt wrote:

And the water is of no better quality than what you can get out of the faucet if you filter it.
Jeff

If you want to see true highway robbery, by a bottled drink at a sporting event. I paid $4 for a 20 ounce Pepsi last night (that's $25.60 per gallon for colored sugar water). They have tight security at the entrance to the arena. Supposedly it is to keep dangerous items from being brought into the arena However, I think the real reason is to make sure people don't bring in their own beverages. If they find a bottle drink on you, they make you leave it at the door.
Ed
C. E. White wrote:

Just like movie theaters. My long held desire is to smuggle pop corn and a Dr. Pepper into the movie.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Jim Higgins wrote:

To me, it's the movie theater's property. They can determine whether or not you are able to bring in outside food. Why not bring your own booze or beer to a restaurant because the stuff they sell is too expensive?
The last time I was a theater, the kid I mentor had the taco chips and cheese stuff. Just after the movie ended, and the credits started rolling, I heard the words, "I am going to throw up." He stood (we were at the bottom of the upper section, right behind the exit walkway). He tossed what was left of the chips and cheese in his stomach. I warned the other people that they may not wish to walk or ride in front of where he was (there two wheel chair users there). Nothing got on him, nothing landed on anyone else (especially me). There was only a small puddle. I told the theater staff that some threw up and where.
No more taco chips for him.
Anyway, when I go to the movies I never get the popcorn, because it is too expensive and has too much fat. I figure I can go an hour or two without a drink. Besides, when you drink a large soda, you can only rent it, not really buy it. And returning the excess fluid, unless you do it like my mentor, means seeking a bathroom, not always the easiest thing to do in New York City. I usually bring a $0.50 24-oz soda with me, and drink it on the trains home and some snack food (but I don't consume it in the theater).
I figure, they don't want me to eat outside food and drink outside drink, fine, I don't have to. But, at the same time, there is no compelling reason to eat and drink their overpriced unhealthy stuff.
Jeff
Jeff wrote:

I've regularly smuggled candy, burgers, and, during the heavy coat season, even pizzas into theatres.

That's allowed in some restaurants, and many now charge an uncorking fee for that.
snipped-for-privacy@whoever.com wrote:

I figure if it were *my* theater, I would not want people eating their food in *my* theater, with exceptions like baby food and small snacks for diabetics who may go hypoglycemic, of course.
Golden Rule: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
It's their theater. Their rules.
If I don't like it, I can wait two months until the DVD comes out. Or bring along my own drinks and snacks and eat them after I leave the theater. That's what I do.
I rest my case.
Jeff

I agree, but I wish they'd follow the same guidelines. Last visit to the Regal theatre - medium drink and medium popcorn: $11.00. Just the food. That's insulting.