Re: Whiny fuel economy/EPA story on NBC

That is pretty good mileage for Highlander. My wife has a 05 Highlander Limited FWD and it never gets more than 21 mpg. It usually gets around 18 of mix driving in Southern Orange Couty, CA. The 20 mpg was achieved during our
trip to Phoenix between Xmas and New Year 3 months ago. The information display in that car never tells you the truth about the gas mileage consumption. It always shows that we are getting around 22 mpg and in fact we only get 19 from it. The speed limit is 75 mph on I-10 and people usually drive minimum 85 mph on I-10 between LA and Phoenix. Even though there is nothing but desert between LA and Phoenix, the road is not flat, either.
I also niticed that Toyota cars get pretty bad gas mileage during cold rainy day. My 99 Sienna usually gets 19 in mixed driving, but it only gets 16 or less in cold rainy days.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:06:51 +0000, Tony wrote:

I noticed maybe a 10% drop in economy from summer to winter, if even that. Of course, mine are all '80's cars...