Re: Why does Japan not allow US autos to be imported to their country?

Unions and management are both to blame. The only thing union wants is to make the most money with the minimum amount of work. And they like to keep
others from doing their job. My cousin at Ford can't even bring his presentation documents from one building to another, because the union said he is doing their job clasification. Unfortunately, the same hold of management in GM. They make millions because they are friends with the board member. They all pat each other in the back. So down they go in a death spiral. The only thing is management usually makes it out rich while the workers loose their benefits. If I were the union, I would stress survival of the company, and demand a say in decisions.